- Your Orah 4i is connected to the processing unit, the processing unit is turned on and you are connected to the web app
Setup YouTube for the live stream
Connect to your Youtube account, click on your profile image on the right and on "Creation Studio"
Then in the Creator Studio menu, click on "Live streaming" then on "Events" and "New live event"
Then configure your event basic information:
- Enter your event name
- Enter the event description
- Select the sharing rights
- Select the "Custom" type
- Go to the advanced settings
- Tick the "This live stream is 360°" box
- Create the event
On the event page, select the basic ingestion parameters. We recommend using 4K unless your connection can not handle it. In this case, select the configuration that best matches your connection (you can target a resolution that will use 70-80% of your upload speed)
Retrieve the Primary server and stream name then save the changes
Setup and launch the live stream in the Orah web app
Once on the WebApp, click on the "Broadcast" button on the upper-right of the web page. This will open a broadcast window.
Then click on the sheet icon to create a new preset for YouTube
In the new preset window
- Enter your YouTube stream URL and name in the ingest URL and stream key fields
- Select your encoding parameters, the profile can be baseline, main or high and the bitrate can be set between 2500 and 50000 kbps
- Save the preset, you will be asked to name it
Then go back to the preview
Then click on the "Start streaming" button to launch the stream
Launch the stream on YouTube
Go back to the YouTube event page and go to the live control room
In the Live Control room, the stream health should be good. You can then launch the preview.
When the "Start streaming" button is enabled, click on it and, when the live stream has started, go to the view page to check the stream
You're now live on YouTube!